[Cryptech Tech] User auditable hardware entropy source/random number generator

Benedikt Stockebrand bs at stepladder-it.com
Sat Jul 12 22:06:31 UTC 2014

Hi Fredrik and list,

> From all the e-mails you, Bernd  and Joachim have exchanged on the list
> recently It seems to me that you've done quite a lot of work in developing an
> entropy source that should work quite well in the framework we've thought of
> for random number generation in this project. I also bet you are a much better
> electronics engineer than myself =).

actually, I've got a background in computer science, not electrical
engineering.  That's why I've fallen for this silly problem with the
not-so-noisy Zener diode types...

Anyway, as soon as I've got this mess with the Zener diodes sorted out
I'll let you know.  It'll take some time, partly because this is too
high frequency to trust breadboard and partly because running the tests
takes so long.  For now, I'll go for higher breakdown voltage (which
I'll have to order first) and possibly a slower extraction rate.

Enjoy your holidays,

    Benedikt

--
Benedikt Stockebrand,                   Stepladder IT Training+Consulting
Dipl.-Inform.                           http://www.stepladder-it.com/

          Business Grade IPv6 --- Consulting, Training, Projects

BIVBlog---Benedikt's IT Video Blog: http://www.stepladder-it.com/bivblog/