[Cryptech Tech] fyi: [Cryptography] Dumb idea: open-source hardware

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Mon Jan 13 23:48:40 UTC 2014

> tho note that later in that thread folks start talking about
> open-source HSM and perhaps secure elements.

i searched for "open-source hardware USB" on the list archive and got
no love.  do you have a link to the thread?

> i guess I was also implicitly wondering if y'all wanted to post a
> pointer to cryptech.is into that thread on the crypto lists.

i have a bad instinct from both my r&d background and my research
$dayjob.  i am not comfortable talking about stuff that does not yet
work.  and coming from the freebsd, not linux, side of the world,
tossing out a dozen trial balloons to see what flies is also not in my
genetics.  in the modern world, these are probably bugs, not features.

speaking for myself, i would be perfectly happy if someone posted some
urls to the cryptography list.

randy