[Cryptech Tech] Avalanche noise test boards

Benedikt Stockebrand bs at stepladder-it.com
Sat Aug 23 11:00:06 UTC 2014

Hi Peter and list,

> Just a quick note since people are talking about hardware RNG sources, has
> anyone considered using the OneRNG design, http://onerng.info/?  I've got one
> here, played with it a bit but support under Windows is still a work in
> progress, but under Linux it should work fine.

I've just taken a quick look at it; what I find somewhat troubling is
that it doesn't really try to remove the redundancy from its output.
This is OK to feed into a CSPRNG, but not as an immediate RNG source.

And as far as my own project is concerned: Using large scale SMD-only
MCUs isn't exactly a solution for everybody.

Cheers,

    Benedikt

--
Benedikt Stockebrand,                   Stepladder IT Training+Consulting
Dipl.-Inform.                           http://www.stepladder-it.com/

          Business Grade IPv6 --- Consulting, Training, Projects

BIVBlog---Benedikt's IT Video Blog: http://www.stepladder-it.com/bivblog/