[Cryptech Tech] Roadmap & remarks about the opportunity of developing a secure TOR router on the Novena platform.

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Sun Aug 3 07:38:48 UTC 2014

warning: old compiler geek and stronlgly typed language nut here

we have been thinking about similar problems
  integer overflow < integer bounding
especially in a language such as C where folk do pointer, not just array
index, computation.

a few more worries for us
  - poisoned compiler(s), linker, ...
  - validating hdl compilation tool-chain
  - libc

we hope not to rely on unaudited ssl and other cripto libraries, and do
not include a tcp stack within our security boundary.  otoh, pretending
a tcp stack is not being used by the 'customer' may be naive.

but we would love to look at your methods for stack, buffer, and rop
protection

randy