[Cryptech Core] Hardware license again

Rob Austein sra at hactrn.net
Thu Jan 24 15:06:17 UTC 2019

One of the several reasons we originally chose the BSD license is that
it's short and simple enough for a normal human being to understand.
I'm extremely reluctant to switch to something more complicated.

As far as I can tell from your message, the real issue is that your
lawyer is worried about patents.  I think you need to make the case
for why patents should be the Cryptech Project's problem (as opposed
to, say, Diamond Key's problem -- no offense, but Diamond Key
suggesting that the Cryptech Project needs to get involved in patents
to protect Diamond Key reads a bit like "let's you and him fight").