[Cryptech Core] Hardware license again

Joachim Strömbergson joachim at assured.se
Thu Jan 24 11:36:00 UTC 2019

Aloha!

For me the simplified 2-clause BSD license covers what I think is
important for an open hardware implementation. The BSD license or
versions of GPL (typically LGPL or GPLv2) are also what I see being used
for open hardware designs. I don't think I've seen Apache being used in
these situations.

That said, I am not a lawyer. And as far as I understand it, the intent
of "as is", and the openness aspects of Apache is similar to BSD
2-clause. If the rest of core agrees to this change I won't oppose the
change.

Regards,
JoachimS