[Cryptech Core] about that agenda

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Sun Sep 17 12:41:09 UTC 2017

Phil Roberts wrote:
> “Business” side
> - prospects for future funding (donations, research proposals, partnerships, grants)
> - who is using the Alpha, what for, and where might that lead?
> - is it time for another run of boards, and should they be any
>   different than what’s in the alpha today?

I've been talking with Fredrik Strömberg, founder of the Mullvad VPN
service provider. He is interested in using Cryptech cores/IP to
create a VPN hardware, which seems to fit very well into the current
project phase, because unlike the HSM use case generally considered
thus far, no product certification beyond auditable code is needed,
and many of the needed crypto primitives have actually already been
completed.

> - what should the next set of things on the roadmap be?
>   (the list post alpha from Berlin is
>    here: https://trac.cryptech.is/wiki/PostAlphaPlan

Fredrik's only hardware need which is not already met by the Alpha is
one or maybe two (100Base-T is OK, GigE of course nicer) Ethernet
ports connected to the FPGA.

He would be available on Wednesday or Thursday for an in-depth
discussion. Do you think it makes sense to meet with him, either
formally as part of the agenda, or informally at dinner?

//Peter