[Cryptech Core] Alpha rev.03

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Mon May 30 18:34:55 UTC 2016

Fredrik Thulin wrote:
> > > As a workaround, you can get 3V3 from a number of the other pin headers
> >
> > That's a good point! It requires a jumper cable but that may be
> > simpler than a regulator - I'll see which is better. Thanks for the idea!
>
> You are welcome. Actually, if you power using VBUS you would of course lose
> power to your MCU when the USB cable is unplugged, and I thought maybe that
> was undesirable.

Not critical, but it's a good point.

> What I was thinking was that you would make your daughter board fit
> over both the USB-UART headers, as well as the AVR GPIO header for
> increased stability, as well as to get the 3V3 then.

Thanks for sending the gerbers. While looking at JP5 AVR_GPIO it
seems to me like pin 10 connects to both GP3 (3v3) *and* GP4 (GND)
which would be a problem. Could someone else please take a look?

If production has started I guess the header can be desoldered and
the hole drilled out, once they're all done.

//Peter