[Cryptech Core] Berlin slides on software and packaging

Rob Austein sra at hactrn.net
Thu Jul 14 10:09:32 UTC 2016

At Thu, 14 Jul 2016 12:01:50 +0200, Fredrik Thulin wrote:

> There's an HTTP URL on the Installing from APT slide, used to fetch the APT
> key, and there is no obvious validation of what was fetched there. Ewww.

Oops, that one should be HTTPS.  The other APT URLs must be HTTP,
sadly, APT itself gets very grumpy if one attempts to use HTTPS.

As for validating the key...sure, we can talk people through doing
that, but either it's obvious or it's voodoo, depending on the user.

> I didn't see anything about the 921600 woes in there, might be worth
> mentioning.

What 921600 woes? :)

Seriously, that was part of the point of cryptech_miniterm.  But I
guess I can add a note warning that if one is going to use something
else that something else had better support 921600 baud.

Thanks for the review!