[Cryptech Core] Alpha hardware status

Pavel Shatov meisterpaul1 at yandex.ru
Tue Apr 26 12:34:36 UTC 2016

On 26.04.2016 11:13, Fredrik Thulin wrote:
> The PCBs have arrived in Göteborg, and the assembly house have all
> components.

Great news!

> Pavel, can you tell me what components you think we will be desoldering
> for the bring up? I want to make sure to have replacement components for
> those, and some other standard 0402 resistor and caps.

I think, we will need to de-solder at least FB5-FB7. These are
BLM31PG330SN1 ferrite beads. I'm not sure, whether it is that necessary
to have replacements for them, can't we just solder them back after testing?

Speaking of resistors, my guess is that we might need the following:

0402 33 Ohm
0402 4.7 kOhm

It may be a good idea to also have spare tantalum capacitors:

330 uF / 10 V Case D or X

--
With best regards,
Pavel Shatov