[Cryptech Core] Fwd: novena dev kits for praha

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Tue Jun 9 18:06:34 UTC 2015

Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2015 11:03:56 -0700
From: Randy Bush <randy at psg.com>
To: Russ Housley <housley at vigilsec.com>,
    Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell at cs.tcd.ie>,
    Jari Arkko <jari.arkko at piuha.net>,
    Lucy Lynch <llynch at civil-tongue.net>,
    Karen O'Donoghue <odonoghue at isoc.org>,
    Leif Johansson <leifj at sunet.se>
Subject: novena dev kits for praha

we are getting at least six novena boards in the next week or two.  they
will run early cryptech code by ietf (or i will strangle someone:-).
you need a board, a usb cable (supplied), power cable (supplied), noise
board (see below), and a sw kit we will supply.  it should be fine on
mac, unix, linux, and possibly ms windows.

the target is dnssec signing, first opendnssec and secondarily bind.
other applications to follow.

the novenas are being shipped en masse to my eldest's in portland (no
tax, in the states, ...).  she will reship individual boards, as i do
not think it smart to try and carry a box of boards to prague.

users will also need a tiny "noise board" (diode entropy source) that
fredrik makes.  we can ship those from s'holm for those anxious to get
going.  or, as they are tiny, we can bring to praha.  but detailed
instructions for loading code/bitstream/... may not be ready until
praha.

we hope that folk with kits will come to the cryptech eng meeting
saturday the 18th so we can get them going and learn from their
trials and tribulations.

randy