[Cryptech Core] starting to plan a novena test run

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Tue Apr 28 18:46:39 UTC 2015

Randy Bush wrote:
> the worst news is we need to plan a release engineering process.  how to
> mark a 'release', package, test, and make available to users.  you know
> that, as soon as we ship it will break.  and again.

State of the art is to have a single git tag in a single git repo
correspond to the complete released work.

And to set things up so that when such a tag is pushed, all release
deliverables are generated automatically.

This makes the release reproducible, and a good implementation
doubles as documentation of the process.

Remember who the user is. Cryptech is aimed at hardware creators. For
good uptake, deliverables need to fit easily into existing processes.

//Peter