[Cryptech Core] starting to plan a novena test run

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Tue Apr 28 07:42:43 UTC 2015

[ thanks for the response ]

> My take on it is that we probably want to have a package as in a box.
> Nothing fancy, but something simple like the plastic enclosure Paul
> has for the Novena. This would make it easier for people to handle and
> make somewhat protect the board. And we can put a nice sticker on top
> of it too.

pain in the butt.  but you are probably right.  but i really hope it is
off the shelf and the box in which to ship it plus novena is trivially
available.  otherwise, this becomes a project in itself.

> In terms of sw and firmware package we should set labels in the git
> and ensure that we have a Makefile for ISE that can build a firmware
> that is downloadable. We probably need to polish the FW download
> script a bit.  And document the process. And finally some test and
> example SW for the host.

the worst news is we need to plan a release engineering process.  how to
mark a 'release', package, test, and make available to users.  you know
that, as soon as we ship it will break.  and again.

> We should create tickets for these things and add them to the
> Dashboard.

agree

randy