[Cryptech Core] starting to plan a novena test run

Joachim Strömbergson joachim at secworks.se
Tue Apr 28 07:21:40 UTC 2015

Randy Bush wrote:
> i am assuming bare novena boards, not laptops, because of price and
> availability, see <https://www.crowdsupply.com/kosagi/novena>,
> boards will be $550.  we can receive them in portland oregon, which
> is where both crowdsupply and my daughter are; she has a small shop
> and can reship.  hint: oregon has no sales tax.
>
> we will also have to make noise boards.  if we want to ship them out
> of portland, i can carry a bunch from s'holm to nanog/sf and do a
> hand-off there.
>
> we will also have to make a package, wiki, git, ... that someone with
> a novena, noise board, and a laptop can use and be successful.

My take on it is that we probably want to have a package as in a box.
Nothing fancy, but something simple like the plastic enclosure Paul has
for the Novena. This would make it easier for people to handle and make
somewhat protect the board. And we can put a nice sticker on top of it too.

In terms of sw and firmware package we should set labels in the git and
ensure that we have a Makefile for ISE that can build a firmware that is
downloadable. We probably need to polish the FW download script a bit.
And document the process. And finally some test and example SW for the host.

With Robs PKCS#11 work, the HAL Paul has done and the cores getting
finished the major pieces are coming together. But these small things
needs to be done to, and they takes time. We should create tickets for
these things and add them to the Dashboard.

Regarding the noise board I, Fredrik should answer the question of what
is needed to get 20-30 of them done in time. But the board itself seems
to work very fine so it should only be a matter of producing (and
testing) them.

 Joachim Strömbergson          Secworks AB          joachim at secworks.se