[Cryptech Core] new folks on core

Rob Austein sra at hactrn.net
Tue May 20 14:28:57 UTC 2014

> | 2. *Everyone* on the list either posts a +1, a -1 or a request for more
> | information.
>
> An alternative if this doesn't work out because not everyone on the list
> is active is to give it five days without a -1.

I might give a longer window than that, eg two weeks, because people
do go offline occasionally, but otherwise I think this is reasonable.

> On a side note, I don't know how problematic it will be for us to
> express -1 on a publicly archived list. I don't see any alternative
> though.

If a call to add someone was made publicly, the response must be
public.  Response of "I do not think we should add this person, for
reasons which I think it would be inappropriate to discuss in public"
probably has to be considered acceptable.

I assume that there will likely be offline discussion before any name
is brought forward, and perhaps afterwards.  We probably can't prevent
that, and we probably shouldn't try.