[Cryptech Core] Cryptech hostname reorg in progress

Rob Austein sra at hactrn.net
Sun May 4 18:24:17 UTC 2014

You may recall that we had a plan to split the existing monolithic
Cryptech server into several distinct vhosts and a new WordPress-based
front page site.   With apologies for the delay (day job), this is
finally in progress.

Steps so far:

- New DNS names: {git,trac,wiki,lists}.cryptech.is.

- New private-CA certificate for the existing services covering all
  the new names (X.509v3 subjectAltName extension).  The WordPress
  site has its own certificate from some public CA, that's Leif's.

- Apache configuration hacked to add the new vhosts and convert the
  old one into a collection of redirects to the new ones.

- Mailman and Trac configurations updated for the new vhost names.

In theory, at this point, all the web stuff is running with the new
vhosts and working properly.

The mailsystem may still need attention, that's next, but as the
intent is to keep all of the email addresses @cryptech.is there's not
likely to be much that needs to change.

gitolite users will need to switch their repositories to use
git.cryptech.is as the server host.  "git remote set-url" if you want
to do it by hand, or you could try the script below.

I will coordinate with Randy and Leif on when to cut over to the
WordPress site (not quite there yet).  The current web site will
remain available as wiki.cryptech.is.

Please report any weirdness.

#!/bin/sh -
#
# Change gitolite repository URLs from @cryptech.is to @git.cryptech.is.
#
# We only process the "(fetch)" URLs because "git remote set-url"
# seems to convert both fetch and push URLs with a single command.
#
# Arguments to script are a names of local repositories to process; if
# no argument is given, we attempt to process the current repository.

home=`pwd`
for repo in "${@-.}"
do
    echo "Processing $repo"
    cd "$repo"

    echo "Before:"
    git remote -v

    echo
    echo "Converting URLs..."
    git remote -v |
    awk '
	$2 ~ /@cryptech[.]is:/ && $3 ~ /fetch/ {
	    name = $1;
	    newurl = oldurl = $2;
	    sub("@cryptech[.]is:",
		"@git.cryptech.is:",
		newurl);
	    print "git remote set-url", name, newurl, oldurl;
	}' |
    sh -x

    echo
    echo "After:"