[Cryptech Core] What's @core?

Rob Austein sra at hactrn.net
Tue Jun 3 14:31:51 UTC 2014

At Tue, 03 Jun 2014 06:49:08 -0700, Randy Bush wrote:

> > Since we have more than one repository
>
> we do?

Yes.  "Repository" is a technical term for both git and subversion,
but due to differences in the way the different version control
systems work, it's common git usage to have a number of small git
repositories where subversion would use a single large repository.

At the moment we have ten git repositories, not counting the magic one
that gitolite uses to control itself.  They all live on the same
server and are all reachable via the same mechanisms on the same
virtual host, but in the VCS technical sense they're separate
repositories.  Which was Linus's point, I think.