[Cryptech Core] 140109.cryptech.pdf

Fredrik Thulin fredrik at thulin.net
Thu Jan 9 09:33:44 UTC 2014

On Thursday 09 January 2014 07.53.01 Randy Bush wrote:
> ok, thanks to joachim, warren, jakob, fredrik, erik, et alia.  a version
> i hope not to update for a few weeks is available at
>
>     http//archive.psg.com/140109.cryptech.pdf
>
> bug reports always accepted, of course.

I'm not sure how this works, but should the cake perhaps say ECDHE or ECHD(E)
instead of ECDH?

Is ECDHE a superset of ECDH or is the Ephemeral part something the application
will be able to implement using the ECDH crypto primitive in the HSM?

/Fredrik

PS. While trying to find the answer to the question myself, I found this nice
post about implementing ECC:

  https://www.imperialviolet.org/2010/12/04/ecc.html