[Cryptech Core] meeting with Mats Näslund (Ericsson)

Joachim Strömbergson joachim at secworks.se
Fri Apr 25 12:35:32 UTC 2014

Leif Johansson wrote:
> Thanks to Jari I sat down with Mats Näslund (who is a principal
> researcher at Ericsson focusing on crypto) and two of his colleagues
> to talk about cryptech earlier today.
>
> We had a very good meeting and Mats seemed genuinely interested in
> the project. He suggested several ways in which he felt Ericsson
> might be interested in supporting cryptech, including pushing for E
> to contribute funding. There is lots of ground to cover before we get
> to that point but have planed next steps.
>
> Mats also suggested some ideas around a collaboration E has with
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paulo_S._L._M._Barreto who designed
> whirlpool.
>
> He also suggested another lead with a Russian crypto professor who
> might be interested - I didn't get a name there but she had recently
> been a guest professor at Ericsson.

Thanks for the meeting notes. And thanks to Jari for setting this up.

I have met Mats and knew some of the people in his group. (I have been
invited speaker at one of their research days).

We applied together for a 7 Framework EU funding in a project that also
included Barretos research group as well as the research group at SICS
(led by Chrisrian Gehrmann) as well as researchers in Germany, Austria
and France. And yes, Brasil was deemed to be part of EU. Paulo and his
people would be great to get invloved.

I haven't talked to Christian about Cryptech but can do that. I'm
certain he and SICS would be interested.

> Next step is that me and maybe Joachim will present the project to
> the Ericsson core security group.

Did you talk about a timeframe for this?

 Joachim Strömbergson          Secworks AB          joachim at secworks.se