[Cryptech Core] meeting with Mats Näslund (Ericsson)

Leif Johansson leifj at mnt.se
Fri Apr 25 12:27:05 UTC 2014

Thanks to Jari I sat down with Mats Näslund (who is a principal
researcher at Ericsson focusing on crypto) and two of his colleagues
to talk about cryptech earlier today.

We had a very good meeting and Mats seemed genuinely interested in
the project. He suggested several ways in which he felt Ericsson
might be interested in supporting cryptech, including pushing for E
to contribute funding. There is lots of ground to cover before we
get to that point but have planed next steps.

Mats also suggested some ideas around a collaboration E has with
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paulo_S._L._M._Barreto who designed
whirlpool.

He also suggested another lead with a Russian crypto professor
who might be interested - I didn't get a name there but she had
recently been a guest professor at Ericsson.

Next step is that me and maybe Joachim will present the project
to the Ericsson core security group.

	Cheers Leif