[Cryptech Tech] Cryptech version 4 firmware and software now available

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Mon Sep 14 12:31:56 UTC 2020

Hi,

Rob Austein wrote:
> While most of this code became available without much fanfare as we
> finished writing it, it's been quite a while since we last bumped the
> version number and announced new binary packages, and a lot has
> happened.  Highlights:

Thanks a lot for rolling this release, and to everyone who contributed
improvements!

I am however surprised that the hardware flow control bug that I reported
here and have discussed off-list with Paul is still not fixed in current
master, thus presumably also not in release 4. Why are there no tags btw?

A reminder: The bug I reported applies equally on the Alpha hardware
with the FTDI USB interface as it does on future boards with my proposed
ARM USB interface.

As long as the bug remains unfixed, hardware flow control is never being
used and RPC protocol bytes can get lost both going to and from the STM32.

Kind regards

//Peter