[Cryptech Tech] uwTick and debugging

Michael Dockter dockter at dkey.org
Sat Mar 9 00:00:10 UTC 2019

solved. To fully initialize a debug session you must use the gdb command "monitor reset halt". At one point the Eclipse IDE must have been generating this (and other commands) automically and I must have deleted it or configure my project somehow to mess it up...

(gdb) monitor reset halt
target state: halted
target halted due to debug-request, current mode: Thread
xPSR: 0x01000000 pc: 0x080010ac msp: 0x2002fffc
target state: halted
target halted due to debug-request, current mode: Thread
xPSR: 0x01000000 pc: 0x080010ac msp: 0x2002fffc
(gdb) break main
Breakpoint 1 at 0x802059c: file hsm.c, line 455.
(gdb) continue
Continuing.
Note: automatically using hardware breakpoints for read-only addresses.

Breakpoint 1, main () at hsm.c:455
455    {
(gdb) s
Info : halted: PC: 0x0802059e
Info : halted: PC: 0x080205a0
456        stm_init();
(gdb) s
Info : halted: PC: 0x08020760
stm_init () at /home/michael/alpha/alpha/build/sw/stm32/stm-init.c:71
71      HAL_NVIC_SetPriorityGrouping(NVIC_PRIORITYGROUP_0);
(gdb) n
Info : halted: PC: 0x08020764
Info : halted: PC: 0x080231b8
75      MX_GPIO_Init();