[Cryptech Tech] cryptech_upload

Michael dockter at dkey.org
Sun May 6 00:37:01 UTC 2018

On 05/04/2018 04:53 PM, Michael wrote:

> On 05/04/2018 03:08 PM, Rob Austein wrote:
>> Sounds like the padding problem Paul fixed months ago:
> What are we padding with 0xFF? That's what used to generate the PROM
> file in Impact.
>>    https://wiki.cryptech.is/changeset/b35b87ea14016760786319a23b87792f1e1041de/sw/stm32#file1
>>
>> You might want to update the ARM firmware before testing FPGA upload.

So I updated ARM firmware. Now either method , Impact using .mcs PROM
file or cryptech_upload using the .bit file load the bitstream memory
with a file that operates the cores correctly. However I am still unable
to prove that both methods create the exact same image. To double check
against the checksum difference , I performed a readback with both
method performing some obfuscation method to prevent reverse engineering?

I'm really stumped on how to prove the cryptech method for programming
the PROM matches the original .bit file.....