[Cryptech Tech] cryptech_upload

Michael dockter at dkey.org
Fri May 4 19:42:53 UTC 2018

I have not got back to the ST Link, but I've been trying to use Impact
to independently verify the use of the cryptech_upload script to reflash
the bitstream PROM.

Using cryptech_upload i get a checksum of CRC-32 0x6f23447b.

Using the alpha_fmc.bit from the same tarball cryptech_upload is
extracting and generating a .mcs file as outlined in

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application.../xapp586-spi-flash.pdf

I get "All Checksum calculations are performed on the address range
spanned by the configuration file.
'1': Calculated checksum matches expected checksum, 006303f92" when
programming with this generated .mcs
The FPGA ready led comes on green but gives core error message when
trying to set masterkey.

Re-flashed using the cryptech_upload --fpga --user wheel command. Once
again this command resulted in a checksum of 0x6f23447b and core
operations were back to normal. I then performed a "Get Device Checksum"
in impact and got this

"All Checksum calculations are performed on the address range spanned by
the configuration file.
ERROR:Cse - '1': The calculated checksum (0x063005bd) differs from the
expected checksum (0x06303f92).
PROGRESS_END - End Operation."