[Cryptech Tech] ChaCha timing fix

Rob Austein sra at hactrn.net
Thu Aug 23 12:05:59 UTC 2018

On Thu, 23 Aug 2018 07:12:15 -0400, Joachim Strömbergson wrote:

> I've now implemented the pipeline register in chacha qr. ChaCha now
> meets 100 MHz in the -1 speed grade. I've pushed the changes to the
> master branch.

Build of fmc_clk branch started.

We have Pavel's recommended check for timing errors integrated into
the build makefile, so in theory it now detects timing issues like the
one that bit us with ChaCha.  It did detect the error in the older
ChaCha (painfully late in the build process, but that's the XiLinx
tools for you), we'll see if it now approves of the new code.

Thanks!