[Cryptech Tech] "ksng" branch of Cryptech Alpha firmware now available as a binary package

Yuri Schaeffer yuri at nlnetlabs.nl
Thu Jan 5 14:33:09 UTC 2017

On 03-01-17 22:59, Rob Austein wrote:
> so having multiple daemons trying to talk
> to the same UART without a lock was, um, problematic.  So we added a
> lock, which is what you ran into.

I see. It sounds like Cryptech would need some sort of transport layer
on top of the UART to be able to support our workflow. Or at least some
way of releasing the lock between calls.

If you are planning to add support for multiple slots you will also need
a mechanism like this. Do you have plans to do so?

> As far as I know, the inter-thread PKCS #11 locking works.  At the
> moment, running multiple threads won't give you any kind of
> performance boost (it'll probably cost performance due to threading
> and lock overhead), but it shouldn't cause errors.

Great. Good to know.