[Cryptech Tech] Generating keys on alpha using pkcs11-tool

Rob Austein sra at hactrn.net
Tue Nov 22 06:21:43 UTC 2016

At Mon, 21 Nov 2016 15:40:36 +0100, Linus Nordberg wrote:

> > From your description, though, it may be something as simple as the
> > SQL database not being writable by the user account that's running
> > this test, so I'd check for that first.
>
> FWIW, I do get a p11.db written. From what I can see it's empty though:

Do you know for sure that it was created by this test run and that
it's the file this test was trying to use?  "lsof" might be your
friend here.  Check file permissions on the database too, and the
magic environment variable that overrides the default location of the
SQL database.

If none of that works, and you really want to debug the old code, it's
time for gdb: you'll probably want to put a breakpoint at
C_GenerateKeyPair() then step through to see what's happening.