[Cryptech Tech] Generating keys on alpha using pkcs11-tool

Linus Nordberg linus at nordberg.se
Mon Nov 21 11:27:37 UTC 2016

Rob Austein <sra at hactrn.net> wrote
Sat, 19 Nov 2016 14:28:27 -0500:

> See git.cryptech.is/user/sra/openssl-engine/create-keys.sh.

pkcs11-tool now prints

  error: PKCS11 function C_GenerateKeyPair failed: rv = CKR_FUNCTION_FAILED (0x6)

I do have the libengine-pkcs11-openssl (and libp11-2) package installed
and am using openssl.cnf from your openssl-engine repo.

An observation I've made is that the time it takes to fail increases
with the bit size of the key I'm asking for to be generated.

What would your recommended next step for debugging be?