[Cryptech Tech] Alpha SDRAMs

Fredrik Thulin fredrik at thulin.net
Sun May 22 11:56:24 UTC 2016

On söndag 22 maj 2016 kl. 14:37:56 CEST Pavel Shatov wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I got one of the Alpha boards from Fredrik and was busy trying to bring
> up the two on-board SDRAM chips. I believe, I finally have them working.
> Anyways, both external memory chips seem to work now. I uploaded simple
> test program, that basically fills entire memory with pseudo-random
> pattern, reads it back and compares with what was written.

That is terrific news, thank you!

With that, I think we can actually say the Alpha is operational.

Some things remain to be tested, but nothing major I think. The only ones I
can think of is actually

* to prove that the ring oscillator entropy source works in this FPGA too
(again showing my ignorance about FPGAs I'm sure)
* verify that the access to the MKM works from the FPGA side too
* verify some of the protection jumpers works as intended