[Cryptech Tech] Command line interface

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Tue May 3 20:38:54 UTC 2016

Fredrik Thulin wrote:
> > Check out the Concise Binary Object Representation CBOR in RFC 7049,
> > I like it and would suggest to use it for structured communication
> > on both UARTs.
>
> Hmm, wouldn't that just move the UI problem to the host computer,
> in effect meaning we would have to write some kind of configuration
> client software to use on Linux, Windows and Mac at the least?

Right - and that's fairly easy. Even with UARTs (no native USB)
there's libserialport which offers great platform abstraction.

Then it's really just a command line tool. That's straightforward to
write portably.

Actually -- why re-implement a shell at all, why not just create a
simple tool with the commands that are needed?

//Peter