[Cryptech Tech] Command line interface

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Tue May 3 17:59:42 UTC 2016

Fredrik Thulin wrote:
> Is libcli OK to use in this context, here?

I say avoid it, because it would mean that anyone distributing a
binary STM32 firmware must ensure that their end-users can re-link
that firmware to use a different version of libcli, which is at the
very least a huge hassle for the vendor.

Unless the product is GPL or the vendor has strong experience with
creating (partly-)GPL products, I think that will significantly harm
platform acceptance.

Don't do that for a little thing such as a CLI, especially if it is
not set in stone that the protocol must be text.

Check out the Concise Binary Object Representation CBOR in RFC 7049,
I like it and would suggest to use it for structured communication
on both UARTs.

//Peter