[Cryptech Tech] Heise covers the Alpha board release

Bernd Paysan bernd at net2o.de
Sat Jul 23 01:27:47 UTC 2016

Look here (in German):

http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/Post-Snowden-Bezahlbare-Krypto-Engines-fuer-alle-3276724.html

Funny part: Reportedly we are using two entropy sources: diode noise (with
link, so it's actually true), and the noise of the cooler fan.  The latter
instead the Rosc jitter noise I implemented ;-).  Of course, the Alpha board
does not have a fan inside, only a convection cooler, so I suppose that's the
NSA version which attacks the cooler fan entropy source.

--
Bernd Paysan
net2o ID: kQusJzA;7*?t=uy at X}1GWr!+0qqp_Cn176t4(dQ*