[Cryptech Tech] Tamper detection

Fredrik Thulin fredrik at thulin.net
Wed Jul 20 10:48:52 UTC 2016

On onsdag 20 juli 2016 kl. 10:22:42 CEST Pavel Shatov wrote:
> I think, that prototyping on a daughterboard and then merging tested
> schematics with the primary Alpha board is the best way forward.
>
> Do I get it right, that you suggest doing a daughterboard for rev.03
> with a battery holder, and then merging it with the base board, so that
> rev.04 will have a proven battery circuit?

Yes - although what the revision number is when we're ready to merge the
schematics is unknown at this time.

You had unfortunately left when we talked tamper hardware with Richard, but
one thing that became apparent (to me) was that if we have one of those tamper
mesh bags, we can't have a short-lived battery inside the tamper bag (as it
physically breaks when opened, and can't be re-sealed).

That makes me think we won't ever put a battery holder on the actual board,
but rather one or more large capacitors on the board, and then wires going out
of the tamper bag to a replaceable battery on the outside of the tamper bag.