[Cryptech Tech] smart card interface for next hw rev

Richard Lamb slamb at xtcn.com
Tue Jul 19 10:58:18 UTC 2016

>From my rudimentary experience in writing smartcard driver/hw for some
atmel chips i found the usart must support iso7816 (half duplex so just one
pin) and the need for a gpio pin for rst and/or power control for the card
and a gpio for the card inserted switch on the carrier.  I also experienced
the need for a reasonable size capacitor to minimize the effects of
inserting/removing cards on any shared 3-5V PS line on the rest of my
circuitry.  FWIW, I used ACOS3 cards that have a easy to find spec for r/w
memory...but even simpler would be nice.  -Rick