[Cryptech Tech] Tamper detection

Jakob Schlyter jakob at kirei.se
Tue Jul 19 08:04:31 UTC 2016

Richard Lamb has offered to help out with tamper detection and the plan
we have come up with is that he will create a small tamper daughterboard
that connects to the 10-pin tamper GPIO on the alpha board, along with
some updated code for the AVR. Once we have more experience with the
tamper circuits, we can fold the components into the main board.

For this to be really usable, we need a battery on the alpha board. This
can be implemented by adding a battery holder to the next rev
and/or adding an external battery to rev03. Rick suggested that we might
want to use a larger battery in combination with a supercapacitor so the
battery can be replaced without loosing the MKM.

	jakob