[Cryptech Tech] FPGA Config done (review of Alpha Board schematics)

Fredrik Thulin fredrik at thulin.net
Mon Jan 25 20:01:42 UTC 2016

Thanks for looking Joachim!

On Monday, January 25, 2016 04:46:00 PM Joachim Strömbergson wrote:
> Aloha!
>
> Some more comments:
> - On several sheets, for example 23, 24 there are comments that
extends
> outside the sheet. This makes the comments hard to read. It also
changes
> the appearant size of the sheet if printing. If possible reformat the
> text to fit inside sheet boundary.

Pavel wrote those comments in Eagle for Windows. When I load the
schematics in Eagle for Windows, the comments fit inside the frame.
Agree we should improve this somehow - everyone switch to Windows?

> - Sheet 01 is left blank. I know it is not customary, but given that
> there might be audience less used to look at schematics, would it be
> suitable to place a simple block diagram here that gives a big picture
> view of what the schematics actually describe.

Not sure an audience that can't read schematics are going to look at the
schematics. I've often wondered how much regular people understand from
schematics. Maybe I'll do a survey in the office tomorrow =).

> - On could also add a comment about what the schematics describe with
> links to the main cryptech pages. This might remove the need for
having
> a simple block diagram too.

Yep, definitely doable. Supply text you want on that first page please?

I put all Kents comments, and some other comments/questions I had on a
wiki page to try and use that to keep track of the resolution of all
items.

  https://wiki.cryptech.is/wiki/AlphaReviewLog

(if this link gets some [1] rubbish appended to it, please know that it
is some bad new habbit of my MUA of choice - KMail. grr. I used to go
with KMail because it actually had a knob to turn for all such
idiocies.)

People with wiki accounts, feel free to edit the page. In general I hope
we can have on-list (this list) discussions about the different topics.

I have intentionally not added the comments sent to the core list
earlier, that I asked those involved to re-post here to the tech list.
Hint hint.