[Cryptech Tech] design software

Jacob jacob at edamaker.com
Wed Jan 20 10:26:11 UTC 2016

On 1/20/2016 12:14 PM, Joachim Strömbergson wrote:

> Peter Gutmann wrote:
>> Just an additional note for this, there is one universal format that
>> everything (meaning every OS) can read and everyone can audit: PDF.
>> Print the Verilog, the circuit diagrams, and the PCB layout, to PDF
>> and anyone can audit it.  Quite a number of hardware projects that
>> publish the equivalent of source code for the hardware do it this
>> way.
>
> As long as you can show that what is described in the PDF is the same as
> what is in the source code and the design. Of cource.

For layout machine comparison, I'd go with DXF instead of PDF - which is
an open-source vector format that can be read by most Gerber
editors/viewers, and is generated by all layout systems I know of:

Load the production Gerber file superimposed on a DXF file into a Gerber
Viewer, and in a minute you can visually observe any discrepancy.