[Cryptech Tech] road to berlin

Fredrik Thulin fredrik at thulin.net
Tue Apr 26 08:49:47 UTC 2016

On Monday, April 25, 2016 05:34:49 PM Paul Selkirk wrote:
> 3. RPC client: This runs on a PC on the other end of the USB cable.
> Currently it's a static library (libhal hal_rpc_* functions), but it
> needs to be able to handle multiple clients, with responses coming back
> in a potentially arbitrary order, so I *think* it needs to be a shared
> library with a communications thread. In any case, it's what I'm working
> on now.

Maybe a host multiplexing daemon? I'm thinking roughly:

Application specific PSKs are configured over the admin interface

Daemon opens USB port

Daemon exposes UNIX/TCP socket, allowing multiple clients to connect (using
TLS, if TCP is used)

Applications sends requests to the daemon over UNIX/TCP socket

Applications use their PSKs to assure e2e integrity and confidentiality with
the hardware

Daemon handles any needed queuing and response routing back to the
applications