[Cryptech Tech] Alpha layout done (not a joke)

Pavel Shatov meisterpaul1 at yandex.ru
Fri Apr 1 19:28:21 UTC 2016

On 01.04.2016 19:57, Jacob wrote:

> What's the purpose of J2/J3?
>
> Jacob

Sorry, forgot to answer this one.

We currently have two USB-to-UART transceivers by FTDI onboard. There
was a heated discussion on the list (FTDI is notorious for their driver
issues, etc), I'm not going to reproduce all the details, but it all
boiled down to the fact, that we eventually decided to try replacing
them with some small general-purpose USB-capable ARM processor.

We decided to add these headers, so that this custom transceiver could
be designed independently. They will enable us to unsolder the FTDIs and
test the transceiver with Alpha board. If it works out with Alpha, we'll
use it for Alpha2 or Beta board instead of FTDIs.

--
With best regards,
Pavel Shatov