[Cryptech Tech] PKCS #11 URIs

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Mon Sep 28 21:16:16 UTC 2015

Leif Johansson wrote:
> > just a note that RFC 7512 standardizes a way to identify p11 objects
> > and more. I think it's important that cryptech also uses pkcs11: URIs.
>
> Actually I don't think this affects cryptech at all.

Not the internals of course, I was thinking of example applications.

> P11 URIs are a way for applications to represent configuration

Right - cryptech may not have any applications of its own yet, but
perhaps in the future. I didn't mean that it's something that is
currently missing, but to point it out so that it's not overlooked
where it makes sense going forward.

Things related to administration of secrets might e.g. be candidates..

//Peter