[Cryptech Tech] FMC Arbiter

Павел Шатов meisterpaul1 at yandex.ru
Tue Sep 1 20:27:06 UTC 2015

On 31.08.2015 0:36, Павел Шатов wrote:

>> I haven't seen the red light at all yet, but the status indicated by the
>> steady green + blinking yellow is a bit unclear to me. That seems to
>> be what
>> happens both with the Novena FMC bitstream running, but also with the
>> dev-
>> bridge unconnected? Just a slightly different frequency?
>
> Hmmm, the green light is turned on at the very beginning, the yellow
> light toggles after every 100000 rounds of testing or so. It blinks to
> indicate, that the board is alive and doing something. The red light
> should be turned on as soon as mismatch in read back data is detected.
> When dev-bridge is unconnected, the red light should be turned on
> immediately. I will investigate.

Oops, Fredrik, you need to uncomment breaks in the main loop, I
occasionally forgot to enable them.

Change
if (test_ok < TEST_NUM_ROUNDS) /*break*/;
if (test_ok < TEST_NUM_ROUNDS) break;

If you've taken a look at the demo program, you've most probably seen,
that the main loop repeatedly calls test_fpga_data_bus() and then
test_fpga_address_bus(). Each of these test functions runs many rounds
of testing and then returns number of successfully passed tests. Main
loop checks, whether these numbers are smaller, than TEST_NUM_ROUNDS. If
that is true, then there was an error, so main loop breaks and red light
turns on.