[Cryptech Tech] Google's project vault

Bernd Paysan bernd at net2o.de
Sun May 31 23:45:02 UTC 2015

Google has presented a crypto card project, and at the same time has checked
in a repository on GitHub:

https://github.com/ProjectVault/orp

Apache license, the hardware SoC is Verilog, so if we find something
interesting, we could use it.  And of course we can have fun reviewing it ;-).

The TRNG is xor-based free-running combinatorical logic, with one inverter to
start it up.  It doesn't follow the same guidelines of rigid inspectability
that I used for my ring oscillator submission to the cryptech project
(inspectability means including measurement of jitter and bias of each
individual ring oscillator).

However, I think I was the only one who actually did measure the jitter of the
ring oscillators, and the current design doesn't allow end users to run that
test, so we fail on that, too ;-).

--
Bernd Paysan
net2o ID: kQusJzA;7*?t=uy at X}1GWr!+0qqp_Cn176t4(dQ*