[Cryptech Tech] [Cryptech-Commits] [user/sra/aes-keywrap] 01/01: Initial commit of AES Key Wrap implementation.

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Mon May 18 21:28:54 UTC 2015

hi simon,

your points are well taken.  we chose aes first because, as russ said in
https://lists.cryptech.is/archives/tech/2015-March/001732.html
> if someone wanted to use Cryptech to make a FIPS 140 module, they
> would need a FIPS validated mode for key wrapping.

i am sure we would love to give the user/implementor some alternatives,
siv being an obvious one.  but we have already committed all our core
engineering resources to getting one complete set for the prototype
novena platform out the door.

< plea >

it would be delicious if someone could contribute siv code, either to
fit in aes's place in rob's arm-side stack, or verilog to fit in aes's
place in joachim's fpga stack.

randy