[Cryptech Tech] AVR for tamper subsystem

Fredrik Thulin fredrik at thulin.net
Tue Mar 17 13:00:33 UTC 2015

Hi all

Yesterday on the face to face meeting, we talked about the two suggestions for
the tamper subsystem - MSP430 and a PIC. We decided on an AVR ;).

I'm not very familiar with the ATtiny family, but the one named ATTINY828R-AU
looks reasonable to me.

We're not sure of the exact number of GPIOs we want/need, but in the drawings
we are using at least 12 I think. This particular chip has 28 IOs, and we
might pick a smaller one for a later design.

Comments from people more familiar with ATtiny? Would the ATTINY828R-AU be a
good enough approximation for the Alpha board?