[Cryptech Tech] Alpha board BOM and PCB design requirements

Fredrik Thulin fredrik at thulin.net
Sat Mar 14 11:30:02 UTC 2015

On Thursday, March 12, 2015 12:22:14 PM Fredrik Thulin wrote:
> > If Basil wants to physically disable writing to an FPGA, then you need
> > Master mode and a separate EEPROM for bitstream. I can suggest M25P128
> > from Micron for example (Artix-7 has 77 Mbits of config memory, so 128
> > Mbits memory is required at least). This memory has a dedicated write
> > protection pin, that can be connected to a jumper.
>
> Thanks for the suggestion. I don't have time to look more closely at that
> memory right now, but I take your word for it. I'll update the wiki with the
> suggestion to have PCB footprint for that EEPROM, unless someone has
> another suggestion.

I have to admit I still haven't looked at the memory data sheet, but I made
the following changes based on your feedback here.

  https://wiki.cryptech.is/wiki/AlphaBoardComponents?action=diff&version=7&old_version=6

Now back to doing what all Swedes do when the sun returns after the dark
winter (and it actually happens to coincide with a weekend) - going outdoors.