[Cryptech Tech] FPGA core and use case estimations

Павел Шатов meisterpaul1 at yandex.ru
Wed Mar 11 20:24:06 UTC 2015

On 11.03.2015 16:40, Joachim Strömbergson wrote:
> Aloha!
>
> Ok, I've spent some time starting to do real estimates on FPGA resources
> we need and what is available in different FPGAs. I've built all of our
> major use case functionality cores. I've also added (really bad)
> estimates for RSA, EC and other cores that we don't yet have. I've tried
> to err on the conservative side (quite heavily) for these cores.
>
> The result seems to show that the Artix-7 T200 is a bit overkill even if
> we add everything. The T100 should suffice for our needs. Altera Cyclone
> A7 should also provide good margin. Performance wise, Artix looks really
> promising. Running our cores at 66 MHz should be no problem.

Do I get it right, that we don't need the second FPGA anymore?

Hint: you can add a directive to our Alpha Board specification, that it
should be compatible with both 100T and 200T. Competent PCB designer
will then design it in such a way, you we will be able to solder either
100T or 200T based on how much capacity we want.

--
With best regards,
Pavel Shatov