[Cryptech Tech] SHA-3 and Ed25519

Bernd Paysan bernd at net2o.de
Fri Mar 6 14:18:10 UTC 2015

Am Freitag, 6. März 2015, 02:17:39 schrieb Bernd Paysan:
> The synthesis report gives me 5161 LUTs and 1610 registers.  1600 of those
> LUTs are just to implement the input^state thing, which seems a bit
> obsessive to me.  If I wouldn't do input^state to facilitate hashing, but
> just state <= input, I would use only ~3500 LUTs.  Maybe using a direct bus
> input could remove that overhead; I'll try tomorrow (so you would have two
> register addresses writing to each 32 bit word of the state, one would give
> you a direct write, the other an xor).

Ok, second version with the bus interface integrated.  That's now 4784
LUTs+1610 regs (with a 16 bit bus), and two mappings: The first one is direct
write, the second one xor to the state.  Write the number of rounds into the
last address to get going.

The bus is configurable for 16, 32 or 64 bits.

--
Bernd Paysan
http://bernd-paysan.de/