[Cryptech Tech] Curve 25519 in use cases?

Bernd Paysan bernd at net2o.de
Tue Mar 3 20:18:38 UTC 2015

Am Dienstag, 3. März 2015, 10:08:38 schrieb Joachim Strömbergson:
> Aloha!
>
> Thanks Peter for the response and the cool stuff you do with CryptoJedi.
>
> Peter Schwabe wrote:
> > If you want something public-domain and easy to understand, I would
> > recommend the ref10 implementation of Curve25519 and Ed25519 in
> > SUPERCOP. Dan and I are currently working on verifying the
> > correctness of that one.
>
> You mean this I assume (ref10 is in the list):
> http://bench.cr.yp.to/impl-scalarmult/curve25519.html
>
> I downloaded the supercop package and located the r10 in
> crypto_scalarmult. It looks usable and have the different subfunctions
> in separate modules, but the documentation/comments are few and very
> terse. And there is a mix of c and qhasm code and no real test/examples.

ed25519-donna is a reimplementation in plain C, but also just with very little
comments.  I think it's a bit more readable, as it has an implementation in
plain C.

https://github.com/floodyberry/ed25519-donna

It has optimized platform specific code, which you should skip when you
actually just try to understand what it's doing.

--
Bernd Paysan
http://bernd-paysan.de/