[Cryptech Tech] Curve 25519 in use cases?

Peter Schwabe peter at cryptojedi.org
Mon Mar 2 15:25:33 UTC 2015

Joachim Strömbergson <joachim at secworks.se> wrote:

> Aloha!

Dear Joachim, dear all,

> We have mentioned Curve 25519 in the key estimates. But there are no
> reference to Curve 25519 in the use cases.
>
> In what use cases do we see Curve 25519. And how is the algorithm being
> used - DH only?
>

> I've spent some down time staring at Adam Langleys curve25519-donna code:
>
> https://github.com/agl/curve25519-donna
>
> The vanilla curve25519-donna.c is imho well written, fairly easy to
> understand and self contained. The license is afaik a variant of
> 2-clause BSD. If we want to build our own core, using this code as a
> functional reference seems to be the best one (I've found) so far.
>
> One could potentially look directly at the qhasm code by DJB or the
> curve25519-avr stuff by Peter Schwabe:

> https://cryptojedi.org/crypto/

If you want something public-domain and easy to understand, I would
recommend the ref10 implementation of Curve25519 and Ed25519 in
SUPERCOP. Dan and I are currently working on verifying the correctness
of that one.

If you're interested in the AVR implementations, you should refer to
http://munacl.cryptojedi.org/.

Cheers,

Peter