[Cryptech Tech] Novena dev-bridge board status

Jacob jacob at edamaker.com
Wed Jun 24 12:41:46 UTC 2015

On 6/24/2015 1:26 PM, Fredrik Thulin wrote:
> On Wednesday, June 24, 2015 12:17:06 AM Павел Шатов wrote:
>
> Thanks! I'm ordering this board as it is now to put an end to the tweaking =).
>
> /Fredrik

There are still issues which I recommend to correct before ordering. Not
"tweaking" but actually corrections. Again, the board might work without
those corrections, but it might not.

I have not downloaded the latest design files from today, so if they are
already fixed - all for the better.

1. Crystals Y1 and Q1 (why different prefixes) each has 2 GND pads.
These are not connected to the GND plane as they should, and neither the
schematic shows such connections. The crystal body should be grounded to
avoid parasitic capacitance to affect crystal stability and to minimize
unwanted leakage.

2. I know that there are issues with the AGND and GND in regard to the
noise source, but it will take me a couple of hours or so to nail it
down with a good explanation. I fire this mail to the list so Fredrik
can hold off the release to production.

There is a reason why I would like to have a schematic done and approved
under a CDR (Critical Design Review) before commencing on layout :-)

acob